- File Size: 317 KB
- Print Length: 130 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BRGNR8S
- Lending: Enabled
- The Night Touched haven't been around in centuries. Created from the First Born (the original vampire), the Night Touched were made to create the bloodlines from which all modern day vampires come from. Their unique powers and colorful marks set them apart from other vampires.
Harper Kemp had long believed that she was the last Night Touched in existence. With her friends Lily and Jason, she had learned to accept it and move on. Until one night, when everything changed.
A plea from her dreams and a forbidden romance, Harper sets out on a path of discovery; not only is she not alone, she's about to face her worst night- a devastatingly handsome slayer named Silas with a finger on her non existent pulse.
- The romance between Harper and Silas takes shape slowly after the reader is introduced to "The Night Touched" and their significance - first generation vampires who glow when they feed.
- Harper and her friends move among the vapidly rich, killing and leaving bodies along the way, yet they live in fear of "hunters." I'll avoid spoilers, but let's just say the plot thickens a bit when Harper becomes interested in the human, Silas. She eventually has to make a decision between her lifestyle and her growing affection for him.
- Despite being told in first person, I found it difficult to identify with the main character, Harper. That could have been the kiss of death. On the other hand, Silas was intriguing, Provan managed to come up with a new take on vampires, and that those qualities kept me reading. 2.5 satin pillows.