Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kande's Satin Sheets Romance Review for Pine Needles



Title:  Pine Needles – Book one in the Veil Realms series 

Author: Karli Rush 

Publisher: RushBoundPress

Book Link: Amazon

Genre:  Dystopian sci/fi romance 

Length:  112 approximate

Summary: Sindale, a city devastated by a ravaging earthquake, pulverizing the lives of many. Separating, and dividing families, changing the reality as they once knew it. Thousands of men, women, and children will forever be affected, but none as gravely as Rayden and Selene.
A couple endlessly in love will struggle with their own battles, one against chaos and madding riots and the other… a nightmarish unearthly realm. Splitting the serene city in two by a mysterious confining veil, the boundaries are set and their mortal lives are at stake. What will it take to keep one’s own sanity, humanity, and one’s only love? Or will it be too late?

Kande's Review:
Action-packed and very well written! Do yourself a favor and read this book!

When I opened this book, I hadn't known what to expect...but, near the end, I found myself at a complete one-eighty from what I had first expected. That in and of itself is a good thing!

What makes this novel so unforgettable? If I had to pick one thing it would be Karli's writing. Her depiction of Selene's voice is utterly captivating.

This novel has a bit of everything. I wouldn't necessarily describe it solely as a dystopian novel. There is a strong love story as well as a supernatural twist. All of my favorites wrapped up into one breathtaking debut.

Pine Needles has all the elements that make a novel, a great novel. Superb writing, realistic and dimensional characters, an intense story and a gorgeous cover. The cover doesn't really make the novel a great one, but I had to throw that one in there.

In short: This was Awesome. You need to read it... like now! 


I give this story:


Heat Rating:
                                                        


1 comment: