Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Satin Sheets Romance Author of the Month - Krystal Shannan

What's on my 'Keeper Shelf'

I was really honored to be chosen for May's Author of the Month. So...let me dive right in. What do I like to read? Anything with a Happily Ever After. I'm a romance addict for sure. I can't remember the last book I read that wasn't romance -except maybe some non-fiction about writing. I read those all the time too. My favorite genre is most definitely Paranormal Romance, but I adore contemporary as well. I enjoy historicals if they are well-paced...LOL...I'm not one for dawdling along and smelling the roses. I also really enjoy BDSM romance. Gosh, I just can't decide, can I? So out of those genre's here are some the books on my "keeper" shelf.

My favorite book of all time - ACHERON by Sherrilyn Kenyon. OMG! I just swoon every time I hear his name. He is my 'book boy friend' if there can be such a thing. The book is dark, intense, and he is SEXY as HELL! Which, by the way, he's been there a few times.

Second on my list - THE MANE SQUEEZE by Shelly Laurenston. Can I just say, YUM! Honestly any of her Breed books are fantastic and I have read most. They combine shifters, snark, and SEX into the complete package. I love them.

Third on my list - The Shadowland Series by Cherise Sinclair. Talk about more swooning. I seriously am sitting tapping my leg waiting for this woman's next book. Master Sam is next :-) and I can't wait. She puts little snippets on FB from time to time and I'm just itching to get my hands on it. I've read every book Cherise has written and I hope she has lots more in the works. CLUB SHADOWLANDS is the first book in the series. Jessica and Master Z will steal your heart for the BDSM genre. It did for me. It was the first book I read that was BDSM romance and I was hooked. I have since found several other BDSM Romance authors I really enjoy, but Cherise will always be my favorite.

Three words to describe myself...
1) Sweet
2) Snarky
3) Silly
(And yes, I did try to start them all with s on purpose, LOL)

These are my books! I'd love it if you'd give them a whirl. I think they are pretty awesome!
Hugs,
Krystal


AMAZON LINKS
Open House: Pool of Souls Book 1 (Free) (Paranormal/Fantasy Romance)
Finding Hope: Pool of Souls Book 2 (Paranormal/Fantasy Romance)
Chasing Sam: Vegas Mates Book 1 (Paranormal/Shifter Romance)
A Very Russian Christmas (Contemporary Holiday Romance)

Now that you know what I like to read...
Tell me what you like!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Krystal! I am an eclectic reader - I like almost everything! I have always been a big mystery fan, and my stand-0by is what I call medical mysteries or medical thrillers - think Kathy Reichs. But I also love romance. I started reading Jude Devereaux, Juli Garwood, Judith MacNaught, when I was a teenager. I recently went through a big paranormal romance kick. In terms of 'adult' romance, I like bdsm romance, but find that a lot of it isn' tvery well done. I really like Liz Crowe's Stewart Realty series... it isn't specifically bdsm, but her characters are realistic, and I have been hooked for a while.

    Thanks!
    karen.arrowood@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krystal. Congrats girl! :)
    bidelia78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't say that Acheron is my favorite book of all time, but at least in the top 5 (if we count series as 1) maybe top 3. I've read that book at least 3 times and I'm sure I could read it over and over! I'm also a fan of Laurenston and Sinclair so I see that great minds think alike :) Looking forward to reading your books and getting a new favorite!
    nidabland@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I tend to agree with your choices (since I consider them 5 Star reading, I would have to add 1 more in that Top 5 list from this year. Take a look at all the reviews (including mine) and this is an epic work of paranormal fiction, my only concern is that book 1 was SO good the sequels will never live up to it but it can be read as a stand alone which makes it even that much better. When was the last time you saw a paranormal book with 175 reviews and only 9 of them were less than 4 Stars (152 of them 5 Stars) it really IS that good. The fact that she did it with no sex and only the barest hint of romance is another amazing nod to this book.

    http://www.amazon.com/review/R4ECG29YL8UTT/


    ReplyDelete