Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Satin Sheets Author of the Month - Claudy Conn


Satin Sheets Romance Author of the Month
~ Claudy Conn ~

I have been asked what my favorite genre of romance is and I have to say, hands down, that it is fantasy/paranormal. Why? Because it goes anywhere and everywhere. What does that mean? Simply put, fantasy/paranormal takes the reader away from the humdrum and gives us a ‘what if’.

I am a very big KarenMarie Moning fan. I have read all her ‘Highlander Series’ and her Fae Series over and over again. However, when I created my Fae series, “Legend”,  I saw the Fae as a brilliant and magical society from another Realm, but that society presented itself to me as very different than what Ms. Moning depicts in her books. How did I get there? Intense research. I read the old narrative poems of Celtic Mythology, and what I discovered was many different points of view when it came to the ‘People of the Light’. I discovered both Fae and Druids that needed their stories to be told, and I discovered my Queen, Aaibhe, and her favorite Prince, Breslyn. After that, I just listened to them, and Legend became an ongoing tale.

I also loved the Twilight Series, which presented us with vampires that didn’t have to be evil, and that totally opened a world of possibilities for me, hence, my Shadow series.

Still hungry to write, I took on the Regency World and decided to make it sensual, sexy, intriguing.

I have been asked to describe myself in three different words. 
Wow. 
1)Happy   2) content   3) naughty(so naughty)

Be sure to visit her at www.claudyconn.com
and here are a few of her books to get you started picking something to read!


Myriah Fire by Claudy Conn


It started with a stolen kiss …
Fiery Myriah Whitney is wild of nature, contrary, and independent. But when her father catches her kissing the handsome Sir Roland (how else is she to determine if he is the one who will make her feel thunder and lightning, hear bells and music?), he declares that her days of headstrong independence are over. She will, he commands, announce her engagement to Sir Roland—immediately....







Shadow Love Stalkers by Claudy Conn


What do you do when your father wants to turn you into a vampire and the man who offers you protection has his own, dark agenda? Shawna Rawley has no choice but to run. Pentim Rawley, one of the most evil vampires who has ever lived, has just discovered that she is his daughter. Now he’s obsessed with finding and turning her. She doesn’t want Pentim to find the people she loves and use them to get to her. She doesn’t want him to find and turn her. She has only one ace up her sleeve. The human in her may be at risk, but in addition to being half vamp, Shawna is also a white witch! Chad MacFare has an offer for Shawna he thinks she can’t afford to refuse: he’ll protect her from Pentim and his minions. But Shawna doesn’t trust the sexy immortal. She knows he has his own agenda—he wants to kill her father, and he wants to set her up as bait…

Spellbound Legend by Claudy Conn


One was from another world and the other from another time…

In a failed attempt to turn him into an ageless lover, the evil, not-quite-a-vampire Lamia DuLaine poisoned hunky Druid high priest Julian Talbot on his wedding day. The Seelie Fae transported Julian to their realm for treatment and captured DuLaine, but not before she brutally murdered his new wife, Maxine.... 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy Claudy Conn book s:) I have read most of hers..

    ReplyDelete