Thursday, December 12, 2013

Angela's Satin Sheets Romance Review of The MacKinnon's Bride (Book #1 of the Highland Bride Series)


Thursday-Dec. 12, 2013 Satin Sheets Romance Review of The MacKinnon’s Bride by Tanya Anne Crosby

Title:  The MacKinnon Bride (Highland Bride Series Book #1)

Author:  Tanya Anne Crosby

Author’s Website:  www.tanyaannecrosby.com

Genre:  Historical Romance

Length:  326 pages

Find It On:  Amazon, B&N and www.bookfinder.com

Scotland 1118

Descended of the sons of MacAlpin, Iain MacKinnon refuses to bow to the English. When his young son is captured by a minion of the English king, the fierce Scottish chieftain vows to stop at nothing to secure the lad's return. Retaliating in kind, he captures the daughter of his enemy, planning to bargain with the devil ...

FitzSimon's daughter has lived her entire life in the shadow of the man she called father--yet never would she have imagined he would forsake his only daughter. Even as Page blames her captor for welching on a contract with her father, she suspects the truth. But the shadows hold secrets ... now only the love of her reluctant champion can save the MacKinnon's Bride.

Angela’s Review:

I love it when I discover a “new to me” Scottish Romance author! I know! I know! Tanya Anne Crosby has been around….how is that I didn’t discover her until now? The most important thing is that I did! What made my discovery of Ms. Crosby’s book, The MacKinnon’s Bride even sweeter….it’s part of a four book series! All have just been re-released! I am looking forward to discovering more from this writer.

From the very first page of this story I was hooked! The storyline was extremely engaging and the author has an amazing sense of humor that is sprinkled throughout the read, but never deviates from the seriousness of the plot.  I can openly admit to giggling out loud!

Iain MacKinnon is every women’s dream. I loved that the author gave him a bit of maturity behind all that brawn. Personally, Iain’s best feature was the graying at his temples.  It gave him that seasoned warrior feel. So sexy!

I loved the heroine! Page’s character is vulnerable, but she is very practiced at hiding those feelings. This character’s emotions were very realistic, and I loved that she channeled that into an inner strength and wit in order to survive.

This super couple brings the sexiness and sass to the table.  Absolutely, adored this well-written story and can’t wait to read more from this author. The MacKinnon’s Bride by Tanya Anne Crosby is a must read for Scottish Historical Romance lovers!
Satin Sheets Pillow Rating:

Satin Sheets Heat Rating:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment